mid adj : used in combination to denote the middle; "midmorning"; "midsummer"; "in mid-1958"; "a mid-June wedding" [syn: mid(a)]
- Rhymes with: --ɪd
- Denoting the middle part.
- mid ocean
- Occupying a middle position; middle.
- mid finger
- mid hour of night
- mid finger
- Made with a somewhat elevated position of some certain part of the tongue, in relation to the palate; midway between the high and the low; said of certain vowel sounds; as, a (ale), / (/ll), / (/ld).
denoting the middle part
- Finnish: keski-
occupying a middle position; middle
in linguistics, made with a somewhat elevated position of some part of the tongue relative to the palate
MID is a three-letter abbreviation with multiple meanings, as described below:
- Management Initiative Decision; an acronym that represents one type of Department of Defense policy document.
- Management Intrapreneurship Development (MBA)
- Manuel Crescencio Rejón International Airport, (IATA Airport Code: MID)
- Maritime Identification Digits
- Mata Inte Djuren
- Media Identification Code (Used on DVD recordables)
- Mentioned in Despatches
- .mid is the filename extension of Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) file format
- Sometimes .mid is also the filename extension of MapInfo Interchange Format files.
- Militarized Interstate Disputes
- Colloquial term for the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Mobile Internet Device; a portable computer running Linux, prototype announced by Intel Corporation
- Moulded Interconnected Devices
- Multi-infarct dementia (Disease)
- Multiple interface declaration (Programming)
mid in Czech: MID
mid in German: MID
mid in Spanish: MID
mid in Esperanto: MID
mid in French: MID
mid in Italian: MID
mid in Japanese: MID
mid in Polish: MID
mid in Russian: MID
mid in Finnish: MID
accented, alveolar, amid, amidships, amidst, among, amongst, apical, apico-alveolar, apico-dental, articulated, assimilated, average, back, barytone, between, betwixt, betwixt and between, bilabial, broad, cacuminal, center, centermost, central, cerebral, checked, close, consonant, consonantal, continuant, core, dental, dissimilated, dorsal, equatorial, equidistant, flat, front, glide, glossal, glottal, guttural, halfway, hard, heavy, high, interior, intermediary, intermediate, intonated, labial, labiodental, labiovelar, lateral, lax, light, lingual, liquid, low, mean, medial, median, mediocre, mediterranean, medium, mesial, mezzo, middle, middlemost, middling, midland, midmost, midships, midst, midway, monophthongal, muted, narrow, nasal, nasalized, nuclear, occlusive, open, over, oxytone, palatal, palatalized, pharyngeal, pharyngealized, phonemic, phonetic, phonic, pitch, pitched, posttonic, retroflex, rounded, semivowel, soft, sonant, stopped, stressed, strong, surd, syllabic, tense, thick, throaty, throughout, together with, tonal, tonic, twangy, unaccented, unrounded, unstressed, velar, vocalic, vocoid, voiced, voiceless, vowel, vowellike, weak, wide, with